Laurie Speltz's Blog

This is my place to share creative thoughts, inspirations, nonsense and adventures. Thanks for joining me on my creative journey!



Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Celebrate a Slice of Summer

Hello summer...

This is the new pattern getting ready to be sent out to our members of our original paper pattern club.  Our original club is still going strong.



It is so appropriate that we prepare to include painting in our summer activities.  I know it is so tempting to just put the brushes away and wait time fall.  New patterns and books will be in great supply come August but there is so much that can be done this summer.

Laurie's Summer Guide to Painting Fun


  1. Summer is a great time to watch video classes.  Even if you don't have time to actually paint the project, viewing the videos will give you an idea of what fun you will have ahead. Take your computer, tablet, ipad or phone with you on vacation and when you have time click on a link and enjoy a little video.  Click here to check out our classes and workshops.
  2. Make a list of your favorite blogs and websites.  Make a point of checking in to see if they are offering something new or special.  
  3. Join some painting Facebook groups.  Search and see what groups are available.  If they are a closed group ask to be added to their list.
  4. Collect images on Pinterest.  Did you know that a person from Iowa was one of the creators of this?  Another example of "If you build it, they will come."  LOL  Make searches for specific items.  Snowmen, Santas, Gingerbread etc.  You will find lots of ideas for projects and even how-to lessons and information.  You can even follow your favorite people or boards. It is a great research tool and you don't have the clutter of stacks of paper.  Look me up and follow me in Pinterest.  Just look up my name.
  5. Take your painting outside.  If you yearn to be outside take your brushes and projects out with you.  You can easily use a picnic or patio table.  Take your paints camping with you or to the beach.  Use the beautiful setting as an additional inspiration and motivator.
  6. If you are not in the mood to paint, take time and clean and organize your studio.  It will be time well spent.  
  7. Make a plan for fall painting.  If you have deadlines for craft shows or boutiques, now is the time to look at the calender and plan out your inventory.
  8. Look for new trends in the gift stores as they start to receive fall and Christmas materials.  Catalogs will be coming out in the summer months and it is time to start looking.  Also look for color combinations and lettering styles.
  9. Make a wish list of supplies and projects you would love to try.  
  10. Take inventory of all your surfaces and try to find designs to fit specific surfaces you have on hand
Most of all have fun with painting and make it something you look forward to and yearn to do.  You will be surprised how much more fun it will become when you search out new things to try and serve as inspiration. 

So take time to enjoy summer but keep painting as part of the pie!

Keep a smile in your brush : ) Laurie

2 comments:

  1. Fort Worth byob painting Public & Private BYOB Art & Painting Classes, Kids classes, Team Building, Birthdays, private paint and wine events & more! Fort Worth byob painting, art classes & fun birthday ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Itua cures my HIV, I have been an ARV Consumption for 10 years. I have been in pain until I came across Dr Itua on a blog site. I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location I explained everything to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cure me, he gave me guarantee, He asks me to pay for items fees so when I'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua. I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days. Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work. My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and the rest of my friends did too, Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what I'm talking about if you have the same problem I was having then not now though. I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center. I have his calendar too that he recently sent me, He Cures all kind disease Like, Cancer,Weak Erection, Wart Remover,Hpv, Herpes,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Cushing’s disease, Heart failure, Multiple Sclerosis, Hypertension,Fibromyalgia,Hiv, Hepatitis B, Liver/Kidney Inflammatory, Epilepsy,Blood Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo-Rectal Cancer, Brain Cancer, Lung Cancer, Infertility,Parkinson's disease, Lung Cancer, Breast Cancer, Colo-Rectal Cancer, Blood Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Epilepsy disease, small-round-cell tumor Diabetes,Celiac disease, Ataxia, Arthritis, measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio, Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma, Asthma, Allergic diseases.Hiv/Aids,Herpe ,Copd, Glaucoma, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease, Enlarged prostate, Alzheimer's disease, Dementia. Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back. Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete